There are a lot of really good things, ideas, dreams etc out there. But most need some sort of magic ingredient that if missing will render the very best, utterly useless.
- That toy without the batteries included.
- Marriage without communication.
- A terrific invention without some venture capital.
- An extended warranty without any sort of paperwork (actually I find them pretty useless even with the paperwork!)
- Roads without any road signs directing you to where you want to go (think about it - I've actually done it, and you have to stop and ask every time you come to any sort of junction)
- Fabulous school building without any fabulous teachers.
- Wallet without any money.
- Wood for a fire without any lighting device.
Now for the church part:
- Theology without any sort of action is useless.
- Big church budget without any sort of vision is useless.
- Morality without love is useless.
- Being right without humility... is... useless.
- Preaching without Holy Spirit power. Yep... you're getting the idea.
- Sitting in church without an open heart.
- Following Christ without surrender. (Remember Judas)
Don't be Useless. Check the Unless in your life.