If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
- I love a good comedian. Someone who can make me laugh and and forget all the worries of the day.
- There is nothing like a motivational speaker to get me focused.
- An eloquent leader can bring a community together and focused on something truly good.
- A preacher can get you to understand some of the clever things of the Bible and get you to want to know more.
- A friendly looking greeter can make you feel like you are in the right place when you are new somewhere.
- A follower of Jesus can bring hope to anyone, anywhere, at anytime.
But all of these things fall down if any of the above do any of this without love. A comedian can get laughs making fun of other people. A motivational speaker can get you to put others down to build yourself up. An eloquent leader can speak to make him or herself look good. A preacher can use the Bible to incite hate. A greeter can appear so fake. And a follower of Jesus can judge and cause more pain.
Any of us, trying to do good, without love, simply adds to the noise of this world. And there is plenty of noise already.
Check your love motive today.